6219 N. Milwaukee Ave Chicago, IL 60646

Chicago Immigration Attorney




Businesses and householdworkerscan obtain temporary visas or permanent residency:




Companies and households can fill a more permanent position by sponsoring a potential job candidate.  A large part of our practice focuses on obtaining green cards for these needed workers. For example:


 Nanny or care givers in private households

 Truck drivers, carpenters, administrative staff, accounting staff, mechanics, sales managers, logistics workers, import/export personnel in businesses –(in almost any occupation in which there is a need for workers.)

Best Chicago Immigration Attorneys

Areas of Law

Please know you can call us or schedule online appointments for any of your legal matters.




As the American workforce tightens, it becomes even more important to sponsor future workers that can add to the company’s profitability.  

The process of obtaining a green card through employment generally takes 1 ½ to 2 years to complete and allows the immigration of the worker and their entire family.

For more information on this process, please call, email or make an appointment to come into our office.  We enjoy a high ratio of success in this area.  We will prepare all of the necessary paperwork to alleviate pressure on the sponsor and accompany our clients as required to the Immigration Service to ensure your case is completed successfully.



A variety of visas help bring foreign workers to the USA to work.  Persons overseas or legally in the USA can apply.  The most common types of these visas include:


 Non-skilled workers on seasonal employment (seasonal resorts, landscaping) (H2A)

 Skilled workers where all candidates have a minimum of a college degree (computer specialists, specialized business managers). (H1)

 Managers or workers of special skill sets and training to assist US affiliates of foreign companies (L)

 Performers and persons of special abilities in the sciences, art, or business (singers, musicians, bands, artists, researchers, business professors/experts


Please contact our office for more information as to the various temporary visas available and what type of visa would best fit your requirements as an employer.

What is a U.S. Visa?

A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport, a travel document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship.
Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. The Visa section of this website is all about U.S. visas for foreign citizens to travel to the United States.
(Note: U.S. citizens don’t need a U.S. visa for travel, but when planning travel abroad may need a visa issued by the embassy of the country they wish to visit.

In this situation, when planning travel abroad, learn about visa requirements by country, see country information in the International Travel Section section of this website.)

More Information about Visas

Find out what visa type is appropriate for you

The type of visa you must obtain is defined by U.S. immigration law, and relates to the purpose of your travel.
Please visit our Visa Wizard to find out what visa type is appropriate for you.
You can also visit our Frequently Asked Questions or find out about the Visa Waiver Program.
Other useful links: Visa Categories  |  Find a U.S. Embassy or Consulate  |  Glossary

Employment-Based Immigrant Visas


Every fiscal year (October 1st – September 30th), approximately 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas are made available to qualified applicants under the provisions of U.S. immigration law. Employment based immigrant visas are divided into five preference categories. Certain spouses and children may accompany or follow-to-join employment-based immigrants.

The First Steps toward an Immigrant Visa: Labor Certification and Filing a Petition

To be considered for an immigrant visa under some of the employment-based categories below, the applicant's prospective employer \ must first obtain a labor certification approval from the Department of Labor. Once received (if required), the employer then files an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Form I-140, with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for the appropriate employment-based preference category. (NOTE: Persons with extraordinary abilities in the Employment First preference category are able to file their own petitions.)


Employment First Preference (E1): Priority Worker and Persons of Extraordinary Ability
There are three sub-groups within this category:

1. Persons with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. Such applicants do not have to have specific job offers, so long as they are entering the U.S. to continue work in the fields in which they have extraordinary ability.
2. Outstanding professors and researchers with at least three years experience in teaching or research, who are recognized internationally.
3. Multinational managers or executives who have been employed for at least one of the three preceding years by the overseas affiliate, parent, subsidiary, or branch of the U.S. employer. The applicant’s employment outside of the U.S.
must have been in a managerial or executive capacity, and the applicant must be coming to work in a managerial or executive capacity.

Employment Second Preference (E2): Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability

A Second Preference applicant must generally have a labor certification approved by the Department of Labor. A job offer is required and the U.S. employer must file an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Form I-140, on behalf of the applicant. Applicants may apply for an exemption, known as a National Interest Waiver, from the job offer and labor certification if the exemption would be in the national interest. In this case, the applicant may self-petition by filing the Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker,

family members holding visas.

How to Apply for a Social Security Number Card

If you elected on your immigrant visa application form to receive your Social Security Number Card upon admission to the United States as an immigrant, your card will be sent by mail to the U.S. address you designated on your application form, and should arrive approximately six weeks following your admission. If you did not elect to receive your Social Security Number Card automatically, you will have to apply to be issued a card following your arrival in the United States. To learn about applying for a Social Security Number Card, visit the Social Security Administration website.

When You Are a Permanent Resident

Coming to the United States to live permanently, you will want to learn more about your status as a Lawful Permanent Resident. See Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants to review information on the USCIS website about living in the United States.

Chicago Top List Immigration Lawyers

Contact Us - Kurczaba Immigration Office Today! Call us today for more information.

Best Immigration Law Firm in Chicago

Best Chicago Immigration Lawyer Kurczaba Law Offices, P.C

focuses on immigration law. We represent clients in a wide variety of immigration matters including family and employment-based permanent residency (green card), deportation defense, employment visas, and naturalization (citizenship). 

Please call (773) 774-0000 or email info@kurczabalegal.com to make an appointment.

Immigrant Visas lawyer in Chicago

Kurczaba Immigration lawyer in Chicago, IL - one of the best Immigration Law Firms as top & recommended legal business - Polish American Law Firm.


Monday  9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday ( by appointment )

Sunday   CLOSED


Head Office

6219 N. Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60646


Hours By Appointment